Sunday, April 10, 2011

PayPal alternatives in Egypt

I did some research looking for PayPal alternatives that work in Egypt. This means you can withdraw money from your online balance into a bank account in Egypt. This can be useful if you want to exchange money with someone outside Egypt (like when you do a freelancing job), or to accept payments on your website.

I found the services below but I still didn't try any of them:
  1. 2CheckOut
  2. AlertPay
  3. MoneyBookers
Update: check more details in part 2 of the post.

Update 2: If you're looking for an alternative to PayPal to use it with eBay, then MoneyBookers is the way to go. I tried it and could successfully pay using my account that is linked to my credit card issued in Egypt. The biggest issue with eBay in Egypt remains to be shipping availability and cost.




No comments: