Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Virta Pay Digital Delivery

Finally, after a long wait, VirtaPay kicked off Digital Delivery project on May 15th. The launch was delayed more than once, but it is good to see it actually working. The project added ability for all registered users to buy and sell digital goods.


I got really mixed up when I was looking for items to test how to buy something. First I was disappointed to find most items for sale are either fake or pirated. Only a couple of hours later, I could see the rating system is working and genuine items are moving closer to the top.

With time, flaws in the process seem to be discovered. The most obvious in my opinion is that after an item gets rated 50 times, it becomes immune to becoming flagged as inappropriate. This is called an "Established Item". Today, VirtaPay announced that many items were removed, but the flagging process is not changed.


Regardless to all that, I find it quite amusing to watch a new born currency and see its value changing with time. I haven't played with Warcraft or Second Life currencies before, so this is all new to me. We'll see what the good old "demand and supply" has to say.


No comments: